Municipal Water Treatment
While municipal water sources (“city water”) large and small must meet water quality standards established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it is still beneficial to have a Rocky Mountain Water Conditioning Certified Water Specialist perform a free water test.
City Water Treatment
Oftentimes, the contaminants that a homeowner with city water wants to reduce or remove are not required to be reported by the water utility. Things like hardness (calcium/magnesium content), pH, and unregulated contaminants like pharmaceuticals and personal care products are rarely if ever, reported. Moreover, such reports – referred to as consumer confidence reports – can be as much as 18 months delayed. Rocky Mountain Water Conditioning can help you decipher your water quality report. Remember, the water utility is only required to make your water legal. You may very well want your water quality to exceed, not just meet, the EPA’s legal requirements.
Our Free Water Test can help to identify ways to make your water better. Rocky Mountain Water Conditioning’s water tests can help you to:
- Identify the hardness of the water to enable us to efficiently remove it. Dry skin, cloudy dishware? Hardness is likely the issue.
- It is also costing you water heating efficiency, plumbing issues, and more frequently replaced water-using appliances.
- Determine the type and quantity of disinfectant, chlorine, or chloramines, the water utility is adding to the water and allow us to identify the best way to reduce its impact on your family.
- Identify the pH of the water to adjust its acidity or alkalinity. Acidic water—water with pH below 7 is acidic and will cause corrosion that damages plumbing, water heaters, and other water-using appliances.
- Help us to determine which contaminants, though at legal levels, can be improved upon to provide you with the best quality water.
- Help us to identify the most efficient and effective water treatment technologies to address your family’s concerns.
So, while you may have city water, a free water test by a Rocky Mountain Water Conditioning WQA Certified Water Specialist can help you achieve the quality of water you and your family deserve!